Monday, January 31, 2022

Electrical Trench

 To get temporary electrical at the property, the Skamania PUD requires underground installed at 3 feet depth. They also require a foot width which meant I had to excavate rather than run a trencher. This would be a new challenging experience for me.

The only way to get to the electrical pole was excavate between the gas and communication line. Yikes! I was able to do it without any tragedies though I did nearly topple the excavator a few heart stopping times as well as exposed the gas line. 


I started with the easy part where I had lots of space.

I had to build "lifts" for the mini excavator to reach across the culvert without tipping.

On the left side of this trench was a gas line, on the right was telecommunications

Success! PUD installed the temporary electrical without and complaints of my crooked excavation skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door Entry Steps

 This was my first attempt at gluing and clamping, to make large wood planks. I was surprised how easy it was, although I probably did not d...