Monday, August 22, 2022

Main Floor Framing

 With a level floor in place with lots of room to build, framing the main floor walls was much easier and more successful than expected. Instead of building an entire wall, I built sections of the wall and lifted in place. Some sections were pretty heavy but I was able to brace in mid lift to rest before raising completely. I also did a few design changes based on the views of the mountains, basically modifying window size or adding a window where a great view would be.


The first panel. Again, keeping it simple and small to ensure success.  Then utilize the confidence to build the rest of the wall panels.

The back part of the house

The back of the house from an outside view

The front of the house with sheathing to sturdy it up.






Building the inside wall with a 6x6 support post



No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door Entry Steps

 This was my first attempt at gluing and clamping, to make large wood planks. I was surprised how easy it was, although I probably did not d...