Sunday, September 18, 2022

Ridge Beam

 Sitting on top of the four posts is the ridge beam, consisting of two 2x12 LVL engineered wood connected together to make a 4x12 . I was able to to confirm with the engineer that I was able to split it into 3 different sections for ease of installation. It still was not easy. The LVLs are more slick that conventional 2x, so it wants to slip away from you and the density makes it a lot more heavy. However, I was able to build little brackets to safely step the beams to reach the top of the posts.




The finished outcome
Incidentally, I made amazing brisket tacos to celebrate the ridge beam install that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door Entry Steps

 This was my first attempt at gluing and clamping, to make large wood planks. I was surprised how easy it was, although I probably did not d...